The "Passeio Público" (Public Promenade) is a reliquary of nature preservation at the center district of Curitiba, with approximately 70,000 m² and 35 points of interest.
It was inaugurated on May 02, 1886, during the government of the then provincial president Alfredo D'Escragnolle Taunay. The park has three lakes, and in each one there is an island.
Among the vegetation stand out eucalyptus, sycamores, oaks and ipe. It is a meeting point for children and adults. It has a playground, a zoo of small animals, aquarium, pedal boats, bar and restaurant and bicycle lanes.