By 1840, Curitiba did not have more than six thousand inhabitants mainly surrounding the Largo da Matriz (Tiradentes Square). Turning right on Chapel at that time, a small street began to be known as the Louro Street. That name remained until March 31, 1863, when temporarily moved to a house on the corner of the Louro Street and Saldanha Street the headquarter of the local government. At that time, the Louro Street was renamed to Nogueira Street. Later on, after the great Parana unfair victim of the federalist revolution, the street was renamed to its current name: Barão do Serro Azul street.
Reference: "Ruas e histórias de Curitiba" of Valério Hoerner Júnior. Artes e Textos Publisher. Curitiba, 2002