sábado, 17 de outubro de 2009

João Candido Square, The Belvedere and São Francisco Ruins



The João Cândido Square once was called Observatory Square and also Emilio de Meneses Square. It houses the Belvedere, an art-nouveau building of 1915. The square also houses the ruins of a never built San Francisco de Paula church from the beginning of the nineteenth century. The area was revitalized in 1995.

Um comentário:

  1. That's quite a mix with the old ruins and the art-nouveau building!

    ResponderExcluir