This direction presents us the districts of Butiatuvinha, Lamenha Pequena, Mercês, Santa Felicidade.
The first references to Butiatuvinha district appear recorded in the minutes of City Council of March 9th 1782 referring to a bridge to be built over the river Barigui. Around 1931, the region was occupied by farmers and it was crossed by important routes used by drovers. In 1878, the first Italian immigrants occupied 15 lots.
The Lamenha Pequena district was founded in 1876 and it was named in honor of then President of the Province Adolpho Lamenha Lins. The region was divided into 139 lots occupied by 643 Polish settlers. The history of the district, from 1878, blends with the neighboring districts Santa Felicidade and Butiatuvinha.
Mercês is a word originating from Latin and means grace, benefit or protection. The choice of this word to be the district's name comes from the religion of its inhabitants who used to made processions in devotion to Our Lady of Mercês. On June 28, 1926 began the construction of the Mercês Church - completed in 1929.
Santa Felicidade received a large number of settlers from the north of Italy, especially from Veneto and Trento. Today it is an important gastronomical center, with lots of restaurants of Italian cuisine, in addition to many wineries and craft shops. The district was named after a former owner of land in the region in the nineteenth century, the Portuguese Felicidade Borges.